The Central Library of Theem College of Engineering is a treasure house of knowledge comprises ever growing collection of approx. 20000 books, journals and non-book material covering the principle fields of interest in engineering and applied sciences. The library has a good collection of Project reports, bound volumes of journals, research articles and Rare Books. It has a separate collection of audiovisual material and Reference Books. The Library has an online journal Portal for Open Source Journals. A separate collection of more than 1223 CD's and DVDs covering a vast range of subjects like Software, Communication Skills, Management skills, Personal Management, Quantitative Aptitude Test, Aptitude test GATE, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL. It has also maintained University syllabus, question papers, Project reports, Manuals, Handbooks and Newspapers Clippings are also available in library. All these valuable resources are well organized in the 1114.8 Sq.mtr. areas, where more than 460 users can sit at a time and they are monitored by CCTV Cameras.
Theem COE central Library has set up digital Library with over 25 computers working in a networked environment through connectivity provided by 50 Mbps High Bandwidth Leased Line. The Online full text databases like, J-Gate E-Journals, Delnet ProQuest Engineering & Technology collection , ASTM Digital library , In addition, facilities like Web OPAC, NPTEL online lectures will also be accessible to the users human hair wigs. Library services are automated using SOUL software, OPAC is available for users to search the status of library material. Barcode Technology has been implemented for library transactions.
Integrating the latest technology, adopting user-friendly approach to offer comprehensive services to the users for the dissemination of knowledge.
? To collect comprehensive resources for providing efficient dissemination of knowledge
? To serve as a resource center for the scholars and scientific community of the country
? To support educational and research programmes of the institute
? To facilitate creation of new knowledge and resources
? Providing wide-range of resources like books and journals to serve the academician
? Organizing the information resources to meet the current requirements of the users
1. The library remains open from 9.00 a.m to 6.00 p.m on all working days.
2. Books are issued from 10.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m.
3. Before entering the library, students must show their college Identity cards to the library staff.
4. Students are supposed to keep their bags; personal reading materials and other belongings in the baggage counter of the library. THE LIBRARY STAFF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF THE STUDENTS' BELONGINGS.
5. Students are requested to replace the books/magazines or any other material in their respective places after use.
6. Reference Books/Periodicals or any other reference material will be issued only on production of a valid I-card for use within library premises only.
7. Books once issued will not be returned in the same day.
8. Each student can borrow 3 books on one card for a period of 07 days.
9. A book issued can be renewed on or before the due date, “Once” for a period of 07 more days only.
10. 10. After due date submission, a fine of Rs.2 will be charged for per book, per day and no books will be issued once the due date crossed 15 days and No books will be issued once the due date crosses 15 days.
12. Students should inspect the condition of the book before borrowing it and inform the Librarian about the missing or torn pages if any. Otherwise, the concerned student will be held responsible for the same at the time of returning the book.
12. Any Library material taken out of the library for photocopying have to be returned within an hour. Necessary action will be taken against the defaulters.
13. If a book is lost, the concerned person has to replace the lost book with a new book, as well as pay the fine.
14. Please maintain silence in the library.
15. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. If any user is found talking on the phone strict action will be taken against that person.
16. Periodicals / Newspapers and CDs are not issued outside the library to any student or Faculty.
17. Reference Books and Library copies will not be issued to any student or Faculty.
18. Anybody found stealing Books and Magazines from the Library shall be expelled from the library services.
19. No remarks, note, underlining or any sort of disfigurement in the books are not allowed, otherwise the book have to be replaced.
20. The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
Library Advisory Committee
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Portfolio||Affiliation|
|1.||Dr. N.K. Rana||Chairman||Principal|
|2.||Mr. Ashraf Shah Sattar Shah Fakir ||Member Secretary||Librarian , Library|
|3.||Prof. Saleem Pasha Choudhary ||Member||Assist. Prof. Dept. EXTC|
|4.||Prof Prashant Rathod ||Member||H.O.D Dept. of Comp.|
|5.||Prof. Sneha R. Sankhe ||Member||Assist. Prof. Dept. I.T.|
|6.||Prof. Nitin Sall ||Member||Assist. Prof. Dept. Auto.|
Library resources and Services are user oriented and as per guidelines of AICTE, DTE and University of Mumbai. Details are as under:
|Library Resources||Degree Library||Diploma Library|
|Titles of Books||3881||830|
|Volumes of Books||18463||5021|
|Project Report (Black Book)||593||115|
|Internationals Journals ||23|
|National Journals ||44|
|Bound Volumes of Journals ||45|
|Daily Newspapers ||Marathi- 3, English -4, Hindi- 1, Urdu- 2. Total -10|
|Total Library Area ||12000 Sq. Feet/1114.8 Sq. m|
|Total Reading Space ||1825 Sq. Feet/169.548 Sq. m|
|Multimedia PC and Digital Library Facilities ||25 PC Available|
|Library work time ||9 a.m. to 6p.m|
|No. of CD/DVD ||1223|
|Library Staff ||7|
|Library Services : Audio Visual Library, Baggage Counter, Circulation service, Current Awareness Service, Digital Library, Internet, Online Databases, OPAC, Paper Clipping service, Reference Service, Referral service, Reprography service, SDI, Technical Assistance by Library Staff, User Advisory Service, Web-OPAC, Book Bank Scheme, Reading room facility, Library Orientation Programme|
MONDAY TO FRIDAY:-
For reference 09:00 A.M. TO 6:00 P.M.
Circulation of books 10:00 A.M. TO 05:00 P.M.
Circulation of books 10:00 A.M. TO 03:00 P.M.
Closed on SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS