To become a Centre of Excellence In Technical & Professional Education.
1. To commit for high standards in technical and professional education.
2. To impart quality professional education through ICT initiatives and project based learning.
3. To nurture technocrats and professionals with ethics and human values
To pursue global standards in all our endeavors namely - teaching, skill-empowering, ICT initiatives and project based learning through continuous processes with self-evaluation.
• To follow the conformity of the regulatory requirements of Mumbai University, Govt. of Maharashtra, AICTE, DTE, MSBTE, NAAC and NBA.
• To continue the improvement of teaching aids with modern tools and learning facilities.
• To facilitate specialized workshop for project based learning.
• To enhance employability through school finishing initiative.
• To organize Industry Institute Interaction Program, Seminars and STTP for knowledge enhancement and skill-empowerment.
• To monitor academic quality improvement to ensure the earliest corrective action in the event of any non-conformity.
• To measure stakeholders’ satisfaction level periodically through feedback reports.
• To measure success in university examinations and overall students’ placement through campus interviews.
• To engage stakeholders through social, ethical and community service activities.
• To commit ourselves to these quality objectives to ensure that they are known, understood and implemented by all members of the institute.
Institution Offers Courses on Human Values and Professional Ethics
The University of Mumbai Curriculum has many subjects which covers partially on human values and professional ethics. The following few subjects FEC 206 (All branches) – Communication Skills and EEL 501/ECL 503/ITL 505/MEL506/CE 507/AEL506/CSL 505 (subjects corresponding to Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Information Technology, Mechanical, Civil, Automobile and Computer engineering respectively) – Business Communication and Ethics help the student community to learn various interpersonal skills for conscious attempt of social activities and how to improve one‘s personality to communicate with others. It inculcates the Human Values that develops tolerance for ambiguity, uncertainty in human contact, self-learning to understand harmony in self and the entire existence. It also indoctrinates them through national festivals such as Independence Day, Republic Day, Engineers Day, and Teacher’s Day and counselled through Anti-Ragging Cell, Blood Donation Camp and Mentor-Mentee System.
Professional Ethics is the conduct of quality workmanship to build professional reputation, successful and influenced circumstances to open doors either in the workplace or in personal ambition. Through teaching-learning process, students get training on the following: Presentation on Interpersonal Skills, Project Report, Role Play and Case Studies on corporate world industries for individual personality development and group activities in practical sessions. The Training and Placement Cell creates a learning ambience to have wonderful practice on Mock - interview, group discussion, aptitude tests, etc. for promoting responsibility, principled behaviour, respect the discipline of the entire members of the community.
• Global Competence:
We promote the young minds as the world inheritance through imparting a broad range of knowledge, skills and practice on cutting edge technologies by project based learning for global competence. The teaching, research activities and mentoring of students endorse holistic and sustainable development towards technical competence across the discipline. The ecosystem stimulates students to communicate their ideas globally and transfer it into proper actions to discover solution for the problems.
• Academic Excellence:
To attain academic excellence, our educational programmes initiate knowledge acquisition, international skill sets and professional traits to achieve career advancement, personal enhancement, leadership and service to the mankind. The teaching excellence permeates every aspects of our endeavour setting ambitious academic goals. Students are motivated for revolution in technical learning through innovative approach and for working with others to attract the best minds into the revolution and creation.
• Foster Entrepreneurship:
Entrepreneurship plays an important role in global trade and economy as well as an essential element for the growth of a person and an organization. Fostering entrepreneurship is an important component of education for all segments of the institute. Entrepreneurial motivation strengthens the aspects of personality that drives individuals to become entrepreneurs in their chosen career or occupation.
• Social Responsibility and Professional Ethics:
The institute aligns the educational programme to sensitize the local issues and prepares students for interdisciplinary solutions of contemporary issues as the leaders and global citizens. Students learn continually putting efforts to seek the perspectives of others as theirs. The learning environment inculcates the knowledge of being responsible, principled behaviour, professional etiquette and respect of all the members of community and society.
Theem College Of Engineering (Theem COE) is promoted by the H.J.Thim Trust, which has been founded to educate and empower the youth who play a decisive role in shaping the destiny of the nation.
The College is located at Boisar (East) in serene and tranquil surroundings and was established in the year 2009 with an objective to impart quality education to students in the field of Technology. Theem COE has emerged as the only Premier Engineering College in Boisar with an overall intake of 540 students in various fields of engineering.